Bringing together UK and International artists to explore radical work and ideas.
Launching for the first time at the In Between Time Summit the Creative Exchange Lab is our new Talent Development Programme for UK artists.
Thanks to funding from the Live Art UK’s Diverse Actions project this is an opportunity for BAME: Black and Minority Ethnic artists/ artists of colour who work in underrepresented or politicised territories.
Selected by open call in June, an exceptional artistic cohort will gather over 5 days before and during for the Summit. Collaborating with the Summit’s International artists they will explore radical new work and ideas.
The Labs will take place in the unique surroundings of the Arts Mansion at Bristol’s Ashton Court Estate, an 11th Century Manor House and 580 acre estate of deer park and gardens.
Diverse Actions is a Live Art UK initiative which champions culturally diverse (BAME: Black and Minority Ethnic/ artists of Colour) ambition, excellence and talent in Live Art. Diverse Actions builds on Live Art’s vital role as a practice of artistic innovation and a space to express complex ideas of cultural identity.
Apply to be part of Creative Exchange Lab
The Creative Exchange Lab takes place as part of 2019’s In Between Time Summit on Tuesday 8 – Sunday 13 October 2019.
We are seeking 12 exceptional UK based artists to develop radical new art and ideas.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A £500 bursary (including materials)
- UK travel and accommodation for 4-5 nights (depending on which workshop you select to attend)
- An In Between Time Summit pass.
Application deadline: 28 June
Who is this call out for:
- Artists who are working in, or have an interest in live art
- Artists at any point of their career from emergent to established
- Thanks to funding from Live Art UK’s Diverse Actions the 2019 Creative Exchange Lab is an opportunity for UK based BAME: Black and Minority Ethnic artists/artists of colour.
What does this opportunity comprise?
- A 2 day workshop led by In Between Time Summit artists: Dorothee Munyaneza, Kameelah Janan Rasheed or Cigdem Aydemir
- Participation in the In Between Time Summit programme of artworks, conversations and activism.
- Mentoring from the Lab’s External Mentor
- Documentation undertaken by a leading UK photographer.
Download the documents below for more information on how to apply.
Please send completed applications to email@example.com
We must listen to the voices of exceptional artists sharing stories that are impossible to ignore. We need to change who makes art, who experiences it and who is responsible for deciding what it is and is not. With you alongside us, the change starts here. Helen Cole, In Between Time
BANNER IMAGE: OUT, RACHAEL YOUNG & DWAYNE ANTONY © PAUL BLAKEMORE